Clinical Nutrition to
Improve Quality of Life?
Available only through a Veterinarian.
Hill's offers a wide variety of Therapeutic Prescription Diets to enhance and extend your pet's quality of life. Here are a few of the many beneficial Prescription Diets that we carry here at Northland Veterinary Services:
Factors such as age, excess weight or congenital defects can affect your dog's joint health and his or her mobility. Poor joint health can lead to discomfort in your dog. The food your dog eats plays an important role in his or her overall health and well being, and the right nutrition can help your dog maintain healthy joints and help improve his or her mobility. At Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your dog's mobility.
***NOW also available in Feline formula!!
Prescription Diet? j/d? is formulated with the following benefits:
- Clinically proven to improve quality of life for dogs with mobility issues
- Help improve your dog's ability to run, walk and jump in as little as 21 days with a clinically proven combination of nutrients
- Rich in EPA, a type of omega 3 fatty acid, to provide the nutritional support for strong, healthy cartilage
- Controlled calorie content and added L-carnitine help maintain a healthy weight and avoid extra stress on joints.
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet's quality of life, Hill's, nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet? k/d?, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your cat's kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically proven to improve quality of life in cats.
Prescription Diet? k/d? is formulated with the following benefits:
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function
- Reduced levels of protein to help reduce kidney workload
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to help blood flow to the kidneys
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate urinary losses
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
(information was taken directly from www.hillspet.com)